People in Pare have all sorts of things to trade and swap. This happens already with neighbours exchanging items such as tomatoes for eggs. We are taking it a step further and making easier by doing it online.
How to use the Pare Swap n Trade (This is a secret group facebook page. Note you will need to be invited in by someone in the group. Call Barb 412 9890 or Kim 413 9888 for help with this.
- If you have something you would like to swap or trade, go to the Discussion tab at the top of the page and click on “Start New Topic”.
- Under Topic, enter want you have to swap or trade for example: Tomatoes. Then under “Post” enter a fuller description of what you have to swap or trade, and what you want to trade them for, such as eggs.
- Don’t forget to enter in your contact details so people can contact you directly, or leave it blank if you wish for people to send you a message through Facebook.
How to get started on Facebook
- In your internet browser go to the Facebook welcome page at www.facebook.com. On this welcome page you will see the “Sign Up” section. Fill in your name, email, birthday and gender. Click the “Sign Up” button, and then enter the code you see on their security page. You will be sent a confirmation email.
- Access your email account, click on the link in the email from Facebook and you will be taken to the “Getting Started” page. If any of your friends have been looking for you on Facebook already, you will see an option to accept/confirm this friend. Click confirm and go on to the next step.
- Facebook will now ask if you want your email account or instant message friend list scanned for already registered friends. You can skip this step or allow, it is your preference. (Not all email servers are supported.)
- In the next step you can enter your High School, College or other Learning Institutions, as well as your place of employment. Once you enter this information, Facebook will take you to a page displaying people on Facebook that have similar information. You are given the option of selecting them as “friend”.
- Once you select your friends from the people shown, you will be taken to a page where you are asked to enter where you live so that Facebook can place you in a Network. The city you enter may not be listed, but you will be given options of cities that they determine might be geographically close to you. Select one and your sign up process is complete. You will be immediately taken to the YOUR Facebook “home” page.
- You have now successfully gotten started on Facebook. It is up to you to set up and edit your profile, continue adding friends and posting your activities.
How to Find the Pare Publisher on Facebook
- At the top of your Facebook page, you will see a white search box. Type in here “Pare Publisher” and hit enter on your key board.
- Click on Pare Publisher and you will be taken to the Pare Publisher’s Facebook page. Next to the page title there is a button called “like”. Click on this to save the Pare Publisher to your profile and also to be able to view all the information on our page.
- Now that you “like” the Pare Publisher, any new posts or information we make will show up on your home page, so make sure you check your Facebook regularly!
Facebook is all about community and relationships so make sure you check your Facebook account regularly!