Paremoremo has several Neighbourhood Support Groups which have recently been established. These groups are active; they are registered with North Shore Neighbourhood Support and they meet twice yearly to keep up to date with activities.
By having officially recognised groups, there are many benefits. Below are some advantages of having a Neighbourhood Support Group established in your area:
- You get to know your neighbours
- It’s a great way to welcome new people to the area and reduce social isolation
- You can share local resources
- Set up a Preferential Trades List
- Mail collection while you’re away on holiday
- You can organise emergency child minding
- Find out who has vital skills in emergencies
- Organise carpooling to schools in Albany
Neighbourhood Support adds value to your area.
For people living in Paremoremo, we have a Get Prepared Kit. This is given out to all new members of Neighbourhood Support Groups. It is also downloadable from the following link.
At present we have the following areas with established Neighbourhood Support Groups.
- Middle section of Attwood Road
- End of Attwood Road
- The Village
- First half of Elmore Road
- Ngarahana Ave & Buckleys Track
- Godley Lane and Possum Point
- Lucas Point
- Merewhira & Sanders Rds
- Te Araroa & Leveloff
- Brookdale Rd
If you are interested in establishing a neighbourhood support group in your area, please call Kim Ward 413 9888 or Barb Cooper 412 9890.